Results are in from the 2014 Field Trials. See them all here...
Hamilton County 4-H Sponsored Father Daughter Dance February 7, 2015
This year, 2015, Hamilton County 4-H is holding the annual Father Daughter Valentine's Day Dance. It is open to EVERYONE in Hamilton County. This dance will be on Saturday, February 7th, 2015, 7PM until 9 PM at the Jasper Civic Center. Dads, grandfathers, and uncles can bring their daughters granddaughters, or nieces to enjoy an evening that will make memories that will last forever. 4-H Clubs are using this event a a way to raise monies for the Hamilton County 4-H Program and Hamilton County Relay for Life. We would like for you to seriously consider sharing this event with parents you know and/or to encourage your daughter to want to attend this event. Youth are an asset to our community and by providing bonding experiences with their parents and other adults, we hope to provide opportunities for strengthening morals and the community involvement of our youth!
Time to Start Thinking About the Farm Bill
In late September, Secretary of Agriculture Vilsack, announced the availability of the ARC/PLC web-based decision tools. He further announced that farm owners could begin to update their yield history and reallocate base acres through their local Farm Service Agency (FSA) office. In addition, the timeline for landowners and producers to make decisions regarding reallocating base acreage, updating program yields, ARC or PLC program election and program signup was announced. For more information on this, see page 4 & 5 of our December Newsletter. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Are you getting married soon? You're ready for the wedding but are you ready for the marriage?
UF/IFAS Extension is now offering classes online that can help you save on your marriage license!
- A wedding is a day but a marriage is forever. Its a lifetime filled with joy, laughter, intimacy, and personal growth- and also with tears, conflict, compromise, and hard decisions. Many marriages don't survive long after the honeymoon is over.
- Florida has one of the highest divorce rates in the country, and fragmented families are at greater risk of school dropout, substance abuse, incarceration, physical and mental health issues, domestic abuse, and neglect.
- In order to have a healthy and long-lasting marriage, its important to take time out to look at what it means to be married and the skills you'll need to develop as a couple before you tie the knot. These workshops will guide you through the process of creating a happy, healthy marriage, and will help you prepare for the challenges and decisions you'll be facing over your many years together.
- Hamilton County Clerk of Courts website shares that the fee for the Marriage License is $93.50. This fee is reduced to $61.00 for Florida Residents who have completed a premarital preparation course as provided in Florida Stature 741.0305(5). This course qualifies for the discount and we are listed with the Clerk of Courts.
- UF/IFAS Extension offers a train-the-trainer program to teach Before You Tie the Knot. If your school, church, synagogue, mosque, or community group would like to conduct Before You Tie the Knot premarital preparation classes, please contact us.
- For more information on enrolling in these courses, please contact Heather Janney at email@example.com or (386)792-1276.
UF/IFAS Extension launches an easy-to-use, comprehensive Web site, Solutions for Your Life. More...
UF/IFAS Extension Hamilton County Newsletters
- December 2014
- September 2014
- June 2014
- March 2014
- December 2013
- August/September 2013
- Newsletter Archives
Did You Know?
Hamilton County does not physically touch Florida. It is surrounded by the Suwannee River on its East and South side and is surrounded by the Withlacoochee River on its west side. The county borders Georgia on the North side.