Are you getting married soon? You're ready for the wedding but are you ready for the marriage?
UF/IFAS Extension is now offering classes online that can help you save on your marriage license!
- A wedding is a day but a marriage is forever. Its a lifetime filled with joy, laughter, intimacy, and personal growth- and also with tears, conflict, compromise, and hard decisions. Many marriages don't survive long after the honeymoon is over.
- Florida has one of the highest divorce rates in the country, and fragmented families are at greater risk of school dropout, substance abuse, incarceration, physical and mental health issues, domestic abuse, and neglect.
- In order to have a healthy and long-lasting marriage, its important to take time out to look at what it means to be married and the skills you'll need to develop as a couple before you tie the knot. These workshops will guide you through the process of creating a happy, healthy marriage, and will help you prepare for the challenges and decisions you'll be facing over your many years together.
- Hamilton County Clerk of Courts website shares that the fee for the Marriage License is $93.50. This fee is reduced to $61.00 for Florida Residents who have completed a premarital preparation course as provided in Florida Stature 741.0305(5). This course qualifies for the discount.
- UF/IFAS Extension offers a train-the-trainer program to teach Before You Tie the Knot. If your school, church, synagogue, mosque, or community group would like to conduct Before You Tie the Knot premarital preparation classes, please contact us!
- For more information on enrolling in these courses, please contact Heather Futch at email@example.com or (386)792-1276.
Summer Classes are Here!!!
The Hamilton County 4-H Summer Classes are planned and ready to provide tons of fun this summer! There are plenty of spaces available for camp, so get with us and get registered! Click on the photo to see all of our classes and click here for the forms necessary to enroll your youth in these activities!
The Cooperative Extension System was established by the Smith-Lever Act of 1914, and allows us all to benefit from the research and education of each state’s land-grant universities. In Florida, Extension has helped millions by tapping the latest information from the research engines of the University of Florida and Florida A&M University and converting it into practical knowledge we use every day. For more information click here.
4-H Day at Florida Football
The Gator Ticket Office is proud to announce a special ticket offer for all 4-H members, employees, alumni, as well as their family and friends for the Gator Football home opener on Saturday, August 30th against the Idaho Vandals. Take advantage of this opportunity to purchase game tickets at a special rate of ONLY $20 PER TICKET! Offer is only good until July 1!!!!!!
What: 4-H Day at Gator Football
Who: 4-H Members, Friends, and Alumni
When: August 30, 2014
Where: University of Florida, Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, The Swamp
Game Cost: $20 per ticket
What to Wear: Official 4-H Gator T-shirt, only $10 (you do not have to attend the game to order a t-shirt) visit the official 4-H Days webpage to order.
To take advantage of this special offer:
Click Here to Buy Tickets and type 4hnegators in the promo code box.
Each customer will need to create a new account in order to purchase, unless they have purchased tickets through the University Athletic Association in the past. Customers will need an e-mail address to create a new account. Once you have placed your order you can print your tickets at home for free! No will call lines and no waiting for them to arrive in the mail! Please feel free to forward this offer to all of your friends and family. This offer is only good until July 1st, so act now to secure your place in The Swamp as the Gators open their 2014 season!
If you have any questions or need to order a large block of tickets please contact Mike McCarney at (352) 692-6405.
UF/IFAS Extension launches an easy-to-use, comprehensive Web site, Solutions for Your Life. More...
UF/IFAS Extension Hamilton County Newsletters
Did You Know?
Hamilton County does not physically touch Florida. It is surrounded by the Suwannee River on its East and South side and is surrounded by the Withlacoochee River on its west side. The county borders Georgia on the North side.