Families and Consumers
What does the Family and Consumer Science Agent offer the community?
Education in the community, schools, and workplace on critical issues such as:
- Financial Security and Economic Well-being
- Food-borne Illness Prevention
- Housing and Environmental Health and Safety
- Child, Youth, and Family Development
- Chronic Disease Prevention and Management
- Educational activities that contain practical, research-based information to help people in the community lead more productive lives
Where does the information come from?
Provided by researchers at the University of Florida's Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences.
Why is the work of the Family and Consumer Science Agent so important?
People depend on a variety of factors in their world:
Food, Child Care, Shelter, Personal Relationships, and Budgeting.
Extension Agents and Specialists have the educational background, skills, and knowledge to assist people in meeting their basic needs.
- Solutions for Your Life Families and Consumers
- Family and Youth and Community Sciences
- Aging and Caregiving
- Food Safety in the Home
- Health and Nutrition
- Housing and Home Environment
- Money Matters
- Family, Youth and Community Sciences Extension Programs
- Family and Consumer Issues (en espanol)
- Family Album Radio Transcripts